US Cargo, a subsidiary of Pitt Ohio, with terminals throughout Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia is seeking a
Sprinter Driver for our Toledo, OH Terminal. US Cargo is a specialized and highly successful leader in the courier and small package transportation industry. US Cargo prides itself on developing transportation services and
solutions to meet our customer’s needs.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Complete employment application in its entirety.
- Must have the ability to read and write the English language.
- Have a minimum of one year verifiable experience driving a Cargo Van, Sprinter or Box Truck.
- Possess valid driver’s license issued by the resident state of the driver. Operators who have recently moved from another state must produce a copy of the former license or provide license information for verification from that state.
- No more than 2 moving violations within the last 3 years prior to the order date of a Motor Vehicle Record.
- Must pass Department of Transportation physical exam.
- Must consent to, and pass (negative result) a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must pass criminal background check.
- Successfully complete a US Cargo road test administered by US Cargo personnel.
- Physical Demands – must possess capability to lift up to 75 lbs occasionally; 35 lbs frequently; frequent bending/pushing/pulling, lifting bulky objects and loading/unloading either manually or with pallet jack or two wheeler with weights anywhere from
- Provide service to customers by making pick ups and deliveries in a cargo van, Sprinter van or box truck. May transport freight between terminals and/or make shuttle runs to specific meet points in accordance with company policies and federal, state and
- Load and unload trailer/truck either with or without assistance of dock workers, with or without mechanical freight handling equipment.
- Apply knowledge of defensive driving skills in maneuvering vehicle in accordance with road conditions, traffic and inclement weather. Operate the vehicle in a safe, responsible manner at all times; ensure the security of customers’ property, the safety
of the driver and the general public.
- Perform inspection of vehicle for defects and safe operating conditions before, during and after trips, and complete a written report on the condition of the vehicle at the end of each trip. Make sure vehicle is safe to operate before departure.
- Report any accidents, injuries and safety hazards whether they are personal or property immediately.
- Promptly report any delays due to breakdowns, weather, traffic conditions or other emergencies, or in the event of irregularities relating to the pick up or delivery of shipments.
- Provide a positive representation of the company by demonstrating safe, responsible driving practices. When servicing customers, display a professional and polite attitude at all times.
- Display a neat, clean appearance; follow company’s dress and appearance policy.
To be considered for employment, please apply online at uscargo.balancetrak.com.
US Cargo values diversity. Women and minorities are encouraged to join our team! EOE M/F/D/V
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.