US Cargo, a subsidiary of Pitt Ohio, with terminals throughout Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia is seeking a
Class B Driver – P&D, for our Charleston, WV terminal. US Cargo is a specialized and highly successful leader in the courier and small package transportation industry. US Cargo prides itself on developing transportation services
and solutions to meet our customer’s needs.
- Must be minimum 22 years of age.
- Complete employment application in its entirety.
- Must have the ability to read and write the English language.
- Have a minimum of one year verifiable experience driving a Straight Truck with GVW greater than 26,000 lbs., produce valid CDL license issued by the resident state of the driver. Operators who have recently moved from another state must produce a copy of
the former license or provide license information for verification from that state.
- Meet all standards required for (DOT) Driver Qualification File.
- No more than 2 moving violations within the last 3 years prior to the order date of a Motor Vehicle Record.
- No record of a driver license suspension or revocation for more than 30 days, covering the 3 year period prior to the order date of a Motor Vehicle Record.
- Major Violations - No record of citation or conviction for major violations listed below within the last 3 years prior to the order date of a Motor Vehicle Record:
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Reckless homicide or involuntary manslaughter.
- Driving in excess of 20 mph over the posted speed limit.
- Operating while under suspension or revocation (except as listed above).
- Speed exhibitions, contests or drag racing.
- Use of a motor vehicle in the commission of a felony.
- Assault with a motor vehicle.
- Reckless driving, careless endangerment or road rage.
- Fleeing or eluding a police officer.
- Must pass Department of Transportation physical exam.
- Must consent to, and pass (negative result) a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must pass criminal background check.
- Successfully complete a US Cargo road test administered by US Cargo personnel.
- Physical Demands – must possess capability to lift up to 75 lbs occasionally; 35 lbs frequently; frequent bending/pushing/pulling, lifting bulky objects and loading/unloading either manually or with pallet jack or two wheeler with weights anywhere from
- Provide service to customers by making pick ups and deliveries in a Class B vehicle at customer locations. May also drive non-CDL Straight Truck to perform same duties. May transport freight between terminals and/or make shuttle runs to specific meet points.
- Perform inspection of vehicle for defects and safe operating conditions before, during and after trips, and complete a written report on the condition of the vehicle at the end of each trip. Make sure vehicle is safe to operate before departure and is in
compliance with regulations necessary to pass Roadside Safety Inspection.
- Apply knowledge of defensive driving skills in maneuvering vehicle in accordance with road conditions, traffic and inclement weather; ensure the security of customers’ property, the safety of the driver and the general public.
- Provide a positive representation of the company by demonstrating safe, responsible driving practices. When servicing customers, display a professional and polite attitude at all times.
- Load and unload trailer/truck either with or without assistance of dock workers, with or without mechanical freight handling equipment.
- Securing of shipments on the truck may be required through strapping, load bars or other means.
- Ensure that all required shipping documents are available for inspection and that appropriate paperwork accompanies shipment when delivered.
- Fully support all technologies and processes introduced by company.
- Maintain records required for compliance with state and federal regulations, including driver’s logs and time sheets, records of fuel purchases, mileage records and other records required by law.
- Report any accidents, injuries and safety hazards whether they are personal or property immediately.
- Promptly report any delays due to breakdowns, weather, traffic conditions or other emergencies, or in the event of irregularities relating to the pick up or delivery of shipments.
- Display a neat, clean appearance; follow company’s dress and appearance policy.
To be considered for employment, please apply online at uscargo.balancetrak.com.
US Cargo values diversity. Women and minorities are encouraged to join our team! EOE M/F/D/V
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.