US Cargo, a subsidiary of Pitt Ohio, with terminals throughout Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia is seeking a
Straight Truck Driver – P&D for our Columbus, OH
terminal. US Cargo is a specialized and highly successful leader in the courier and small package transportation industry. US Cargo prides itself on developing transportation services and solutions to meet our customer’s needs.
- Must be minimum 22 years of age.
- Complete employment application in its entirety.
- Must have the ability to read and write the English language.
- Have a minimum of one year verifiable experience driving a 24’-26’ Straight Truck. This is a Non-CDL rated vehicle.
- Possess valid driver’s license issued by the resident state of the driver. Operators who have recently moved from another state must produce a copy of the former license or provide license information for verification from that state.
- No more than 2 moving violations within the last 3 years prior to the order date of a Motor Vehicle Record.
- No record of a driver license suspension or revocation for more than 30 days, covering the 3 year period prior to the order date of a Motor Vehicle Record.
- Major Violations - No record of citation or conviction for major violations listed below within the last 3 years prior to the order date of a Motor Vehicle Record:
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Reckless homicide or involuntary manslaughter.
- Driving in excess of 20 mph over the posted speed limit.
- Operating while under suspension or revocation (except as listed above).
- Speed exhibitions, contests or drag racing.
- Use of a motor vehicle in the commission of a felony.
- Assault with a motor vehicle.
- Reckless driving, careless endangerment or road rage.
- Fleeing or eluding a police officer.
- Must pass Department of Transportation physical exam.
- Must consent to, and pass (negative result) a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must pass criminal background check.
- Successfully complete a US Cargo road test administered by US Cargo personnel.
- Physical Demands – must possess capability to lift up to 75 lbs occasionally; 35 lbs frequently; frequent bending/pushing/pulling, lifting bulky objects and loading/unloading either manually or with pallet jack or two wheeler with weights anywhere from
- Provide service to customers by making pick ups and deliveries in a 24’-26’ Straight Truck at customer locations. May transport freight between US Cargo terminals and/or make shuttle runs to specific meet points.
- Perform inspection of vehicle for defects and safe operating conditions before, during and after trips, and complete a written report on the condition of the vehicle at the end of each trip.
- Apply knowledge of defensive driving skills in maneuvering vehicle in accordance with road conditions, traffic and inclement weather; ensure security of customers’ property, the safety of the driver and the general public.
- Provide a positive representation of the company be demonstrating safe, responsible driving practices. When servicing customers, display a professional and polite attitude at all times.
- Load and unload trailer either individually or with assistance of dockworkers, with or without mechanical freight handling equipment.
- Securing of shipments on the truck may be required through strapping, load bars or other means.
- Ensure that all required shipping documents are available for inspection and that appropriate paperwork accompanies shipment when delivered.
- Fully support all technologies and processes introduced by company.
- Report any accidents, injuries and safety hazards whether they are personal or property immediately.
- Promptly report any delays due to breakdowns, weather, traffic conditions or other emergencies, or in the event of irregularities relating to the pick up or delivery of shipments.
- Display a neat, clean appearance; follow company’s dress and appearance policy.
To be considered for employment, please apply online at uscargo.balancetrak.com.
US Cargo values diversity. Women and minorities are encouraged to join our team! EOE M/F/D/V
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.