, a subsidiary of Pitt Ohio, with terminals throughout Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia is seeking a
our Pittsburgh, PA
terminal. US Cargo is a specialized and highly successful leader in the courier and small package transportation industry. US Cargo prides itself on developing transportation
services and solutions to meet our customer’s needs.
Full time position with competitive wage and excellent benefits package. Schedule is Noon-9:00
- Must be minimum 21 years of age.
- Must have the ability to read and write the English language.
- Possess intermediate level computer skills in Excel and Word.
- Have a minimum of one-year verifiable experience driving a Cargo Van, Sprinter or Box Truck.
- Possess valid driver’s license issued by the resident state of the driver. Operators who have recently moved from another state must produce a copy of the former license or provide license information for verification from that state.
- No more than two moving violations within the last 3 years prior to the order date of a Motor Vehicle Record.
- Must pass Department of Transportation physical exam.
- Must consent to, and pass (negative result) a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must pass criminal background check.
- Successfully complete a US Cargo road test administered by US Cargo personnel.
- Physical Demands – must possess capability to lift up to 75 lbs. occasionally; 35 lbs. frequently; frequent bending/pushing/pulling, lifting bulky objects and loading/unloading either manually or with pallet jack or two-wheeler with weights anywhere from
- Unload and sort inbound/outbound freight.
- Load daily line haul trailer
- Keep dock organized and safe per company standards
- Provide customer service (i.e. ETAs, PODs, schedule call in pickups, etc.)
- Answer incoming phone calls and emails
- Communicate issues/problems to supervisor as needed.
- Provide training for drivers and dockworkers.
- Check in drivers at the end of the day.
- Input data into Excel worksheets
- Participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Other responsibilities are to ensure a quality process is instituted and efficient and safe working habits are reinforced.
To be considered for employment, please apply online at uscargo.balancetrak.com.
- Provide service to customers by making pickups and deliveries in a Sprinter van or box truck. May transport freight between terminals and/or make shuttle runs to specific meet points.
- Operate vehicle in accordance with company policies and federal, state and local regulations.
- Load and unload truck either with or without assistance of dockworkers, with or without mechanical freight handling equipment.
- Apply knowledge of defensive driving skills in maneuvering vehicle in accordance with road conditions, traffic and inclement weather. Operate the vehicle in a safe, responsible manner at all times; ensure the security of customers’ property, the safety
of the driver and the general public.
- Perform inspection of vehicle for defects and safe operating conditions before, during and after trips, and complete a written report on the condition of the vehicle at the end of each trip. Make sure vehicle is safe to operate before departure.
- Report any accidents, injuries and safety hazards whether they are personal or property immediately.
- Promptly report any delays due to breakdowns, weather, traffic conditions or other emergencies, or in the event of irregularities relating to the pick up or delivery of shipments.
- Provide a positive representation of the company by demonstrating safe, responsible driving practices. When servicing customers, display a professional and polite attitude at all times.
- Display a neat, clean appearance; follow company’s dress and appearance policy.
US Cargo values diversity. Women and minorities are encouraged to join our team! EOE M/F/D/V
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.