US Cargo, a subsidiary of Pitt Ohio, with terminals throughout Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia is seeking a
Part Time AM Dockworker for our Cleveland, OH terminal. US Cargo is a specialized and highly successful leader in the courier and small package transportation industry. US Cargo prides itself on developing
transportation services and solutions to meet our customer’s needs.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must consent to a pre-employment drug screen. US Cargo must receive a negative result.
- Complete employment application and interview.
- Pass criminal background check.
- Must have the ability to read and write the English language.
- Must demonstrate stable work history, good work ethic, dependability and a positive, supportive and cooperative attitude.
- Must meet physical job demands; ability to push, pull, lift, carry up to 70 lbs. occasionally, and repetitively lift 20 to 30 lbs. Also, standing, walking, twisting, bending, reaching above and below waist level will be required.
- Sort and distribute boxes, bags, envelopes, cartons and other goods on trucks, or in the designated sort area of the terminal. Freight may be palletized.
- Reads tracking label, manifest, bill of lading or other shipping document to determine the correct placement of the freight.
- Scan all inbound and/or outbound freight.
- Load/unload freight on and off trucks using a forklift, or by hand using a hand truck or pallet jack.
- Secure the safety of the freight to prevent loss or damage.
- Work in a safe and professional manner so as to reduce personal risk of injury and risk to fellow employees. Report any injuries, accidents or safety hazards, whether personal or property, immediately.
- May count, weigh and/or record number of pieces.
- Forklift training and certification will be provided by the company, if applicable to the job.
To be considered for employment, please apply online at uscargo.balancetrak.com
US Cargo values diversity. Women and minorities are encouraged to join our team! EOE M/F/D/V
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.