US Cargo, a subsidiary of Pitt Ohio, with terminals throughout Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia is seeking a
P&D Supervisor for our Toledo, OH Terminal. This is a full time, exempt (salary) position.
US Cargo is a specialized and highly successful leader in the parcel transportation industry. US Cargo prides itself on developing transportation services and solutions to meet our customer’s needs.
- Minimum 2 years logistics, parcel, LTL transportation and/or cross dock experience.
- Minimum 2 years in a lead/supervisory role.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; must be proficient in the English language.
- Computer literate (Excel and Word).
- Must meet company driving criteria and pass criminal background check.
- Physical Demands – must possess capability to lift up to 75 lbs occasionally; 35 lbs frequently; frequent bending/pushing/pulling, lifting bulky objects and loading/unloading either manually or with pallet jack or two wheeler with weights anywhere from
- Create and prepare daily route and load plans for P&D drivers.
- Plan driver schedules to meet operations goals; all freight to be delivered on time, and in accordance with customer requirements.
- As needed, supervise line haul drivers/dock personnel to ensure loading and unloading of freight is in accordance with prescribed company procedures.
- Closely monitor outbound dock activities to ensure that outbound line haul departure schedules will be met.
- Must be able to solve problems involving multiple functional areas of package hub operation.
- Provide leadership, motivation, training and development of staff.
- Assist on the dock as needed with freight movement/sortation.
- May occasionally operate company vehicle to perform pick up/delivery of freight.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Maintain a safe and positive work environment.
For more information or to apply for the position, you must go to our career portal: uscargo.balancetrak.com.
US Cargo values diversity. Women and minorities are encouraged to join our team! EOE M/F/D/V
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.